What is NatCon
SVA’s National Conference is the largest annual gathering of student veterans, advocates, thought-leaders, stakeholders, and supporters in higher education in the world. Student veterans, higher education professionals, alumni, and advocates will have the opportunity to learn from more than 2,000 of their peers at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, January 5 – 7 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each NatCon attendee must wear the convention badge issued by SVA and keep their convention badges visible at all times. SVA, its contractors, and the J.W. Marriot Hotel have the right to deny access to NatCon events, including, breakout sessions and the SVA Campus to any attendee not wearing a convention badge.
Attendees may not exchange, give, trade or sell convention badges to anyone. SVA makes all final decisions on accessibility to the convention and the badges that are issued.
SVA, its contractors, and the J.W. Marriot Hotel may remove any person from the Convention that, in SVA’s opinion, is violating or threatening to violate any of these rules or whose conduct is objectionable, disorderly, or disruptive.
Business casual and business formal attire is preferred.
In order to accomplish our mission, it is necessary to both ensure the safety of all of our guests during SVA activities, as well as protect the brand and good standing of SVA in the eyes of the community. SVA trusts its members to hold themselves to a higher standard of morals and ethics, and to uphold these standards at all times. As Policy, the following guidelines are direct conduct for all SVA participants at any officially sponsored SVA event. Please refer to the detailed code of conduct located here
Any cancellation requests must be made before December 4, 2017 as we need to confirm meals and name badge printing. Any refund requests prior to December 4, 2017 will be subject to a $25.00 cancellation fee. Any cancellation requests made after December 4, 2017 will not qualify for any registration reimbursement. Cancellation requests must be sent to [XXX] and include the registrant’s name, email address, and amount paid. No refunds will be made after [date]. Cancellation disqualifies you from receiving attendee benefits and publications.
You may transfer your registration to another person at no cost, but must contact [name, email and/or phone number] for any cancellation and transfer requests before December 4,2017.
JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
23808 Resort Parkway
San Antonio, Texas 78261 USA
- GPS Coordinate 29.666650, -98.400837
- Driving directions from San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- Take US Highway 281 North to the TPC Parkway exit.
- Exit to the right (east) and follow TPC Parkway east to the Marriott Parkway exit.
- Continue on Marriott Parkway to the resort entrance.
- Taxi and Uber from San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- Estimated taxi fare: 45 USD (one way)
- Estimated UberX :$20-$27
- Estimated UberXL : $35-$46
- Estimated Uber Select: $57-$74
- For fare estimation, please visit http://uberestimate.com
The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa does not provide shuttle services.
SVA will provide the following meals for the conference:
- Welcome Reception + Light hors-d'oeuvres in the SVA Campus
- Continental Breakfast in the SVA Campus
- Lunch in the SVA Campus
- Career Fair + Light hors d’oeuvres in the SVA Campus
- Awards Banquet Dinner
**Please note that any room service meals will not be covered by SVA**
Check in time is 4:00 pm and check out time in 11:00 am. **PLACE HOLDER**
Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided to all SVA attendees who book their hotel room in the NatCon17 room block.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is also provided in the hotel lounge and common areas (such as the main lobby).
Many chapters have successfully lobbied for and received funding from their institutions to attend the conference in the past. Attached is a formal letter we’ve adapted from some past experiences in order to help you secure funding. Please reach out to your chapter Ambassador at 202-223-4710 for additional assistance in securing funding to pay for the trip. Additionally, please remember that when requesting your institution to fund your conference attendance, this may require more time. We are asking that you prepare accordingly. Need a W-9 for your educational institution? Click here:
Yes, the Resort has a fitness center that is free of charge to all SVA attendees who have booked their hotel reservation in the NatCon room block. You must be a guest of the Disneyland® Resort to use the on-property fitness center.
Student Veterans of America provide, upon request, alternative formats, auxiliary aids, and services necessary for all individuals to participate in all programs and services provided by our organization. Requests for accommodations should be given at the time of registration or submitted at least three weeks in advance to [XXX].
For more information call the general manager of the hotel
- Accessible guest rooms have a 32-inch wide opening
- Fitness center entrance is accessible
- Main entrance is accessible
- Pathway to registration desk is accessible
- Registration desk is accessible
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities
- Business center entrance is accessible
- Hotel has on site accessible self-parking
- Meeting spaces are all accessible
- Pool entrances are all accessible
- Restaurants and lounges are all accessible
- Self-operating lifts or sloped entry are available for all pools
- Spa entrance is accessible